Student Resources - Graduation and Licensure Requirements
MUST meet the following requirements in the applicable course of study
to qualify for graduation and be issued a Diploma:
completion of all phases of study; required tests, including the Avalon
final, practical skills assignments and hours requirements for the
- Completion of the Course of Study as required by the State regulatory agency
graduate will be eligible to participate in the next scheduled Onsite
State Board Testing once they have met the graduation requirements and
their ledger balance has been paid in full, including over contract
fees. Once the Onsite State Board Testing exam has been completed
and passed, the student will receive their Course Completion
Certificate required for licensure.
Exit interviews are performed and students are asked to complete exit
Official transcripts will be issued to graduates if any of the following apply:
- The student has paid ledger in full and completed graduation requirements.
- The student owes less than $250
- The student has entered into and is in compliance (6 consecutive on-time payments) with a payment plan with the school.
- The transcript request is made by a prospective employer for the student.
- The institution has sent the debt for repayment to a collection agency.
First copy of Transcript is provided free, requests for duplicate transcripts will have a $15 fee.
person is eligible to receive a license as a cosmetologist or nail
technician if they have completed the required clock hours in an
approved applicable course; has paid the required fees; and has passed
the examinations required by the Board to determine their fitness to
receive a license.
Students MUST meet the following requirements in order to qualify for licensure:
- Meet all Graduation
- Satisfy all outstanding
debts owed to Avalon School of Cosmetology
- Receive the required
Course of Completion Certificate
- Complete and pass
applicable state Board required exams
all licensure requirements have been met, the student can pay the
required fees and file an application for licensure to the Minnesota
Board of Cosmetology. Upon obtaining a valid license, the graduate may
engage in his or her chosen field for compensation.
Click Here for Online Application